It’s NOT About Stimulus. It’s THEFT. Plain and Simple.
AS I sat and watch the man who ran for the US Presidency on a SINGLE, CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS platform of CHANGE smile and laugh when asked by CBS News’ Steve Croft about the seemingly never-ending flood of bailout money to large multi-national and US corporations I began to truly question Mr. Obama’s true stomach for CHANGE.
So far, this is how Mr. Obama has defined CHANGE:
- CHANGE in US foreign policy means adding 17,000 more US troops to an un-winable situation in Afghanistan with the possibility of expanding the total to 400,000!
- CHANGE in US regulator policy means that US autoworkers must give up decades of hard fought gains in Collective Agreements (CONTRACTS) in order for their employers to qualify for an amount bailout money that pales in comparison to the bailout money handed out to large financial institutions who used significant amounts of to reward the very individuals that contributed to the financial apocalypse the world faces today because according to AIG’s new CEO, America is a country of laws and contracts (but not union contracts) must be honoured.
- CHANGE means the top 10% of the population get bailed out while “main street” is sold this perpetual load of BS about stimulus.
- CHANGE is allowing corporations to extract up to 2000 times the value of “shared” music files using a judgement rendered in 1919 while rewriting international trade agreements in private meetings that include the very corporations that continue to abuse old and outdated laws
- CHANGE means leaving millions of poor and homeless individuals to fend for themselves for DECADES while rushing at the speed of light to bailout the rich and greedy.
- CHANGE means monopolies are allowed to continue to distort markets and manipulate the value of goods with government being able to do little but complain.
- CHANGE means banks are get TRILLION$ of dollars of “toxic” debt eliminated through complicated instruments like TARP while average homeowners are ONLY getting a minor renegotiated mortgages!
So, keep laughing Mr. Obama. The millions of people that would have normally voted otherwise have already walked away from you and no amount of grand speeches of HOPE and CHANGE are going to bring them back.
From the outset this entire exercise has been about bailing out the rich and ruling class and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of size or scale to do with average working class families.
The President himself has admitted on several occasions that he and his team are quite adept at handling multiple issues at the same time yet he choses not to pursue legal and legislative means to reign in the very CEO’s and executive that caused this crisis nor does he chose to work as fast and as hard to put equal amounts of cold hard cash into the hands of the working class and poor as fast as he continues to do with the ballooning bailout line!
This will be recorded as THE GREAT THEFT in American history. But I would suggest that President Unicorns and Rainbows is rapidly running of of time with the working class of America while he continue to pandered to the rich ruling class.
CHANGE my ass. CHANGE is all we’re going to be left with after this. If we’re lucky.