Posts Tagged ‘Galactically Stupid’
- One Billion three hundred Million at G20 $ 1,300,000,000 2 day party.
- 30-40 billion dollar non tendered jets
- 10- 15 billion for US Style Mega Prisons and mandatory sentences when the US is changing its policies because they don’t work.
- Harper was president of the National Citizens Coalition that want to privatize our health care and make his insurance cronies more stink’n filthy rich.
- Bev Oda
- Not enough money invested in healthcare
- Not enough for seniors (too many go to the food bank)
- Claims coalition is undemocratic, while wanting to form his own
- No environmental policy because we don’t know what the U.S. is doing
- Crime bills for non-violent offenders
- Clement trying to stop the aids bill because he is in the pocket of big pharma
- Claims success for economy; Martin is the guy who wouldn’t let him deregulate the banking system and turn it into a U.S. one that is now economically ruined.
- ACOA appointments
- Appointed senate
- SNC Lavalin prison expansion in Libya ( I wonder who gets Canadian contracts)
- in-and-out. Future prison sentences for the party.
- Glass palace on parliament. to cost 40 million for TEMPORARY replacement.
- Biggest deficit
- Biggest Government in History of Canada
- Not talking media questions. 4 pre arranged questions. Whats he hiding?
- Ending Kairos funding when they have been with us for 35 years.
- Loss of skilled jobs in replacement of 40 in walmarts opening in
- F-18’s serviceable until 2022
- 150 million total for economic action plan ads
- Proroguing parliament twice !!
- Taking away our rights under the Canadian constitution during the G20
- Claiming Igantieff a foreigner when Flaherty went to Princeton
- Off UN security council because of dirty mining in Congo.
- 150 million for economic action plan ads that went to a company in Washington state for the actual printing of the billboards and such instead of a Canadian print company
- The Cadman affair, gets caught on tape offering a MP that is dying of cancer a million dollar life insurance policy if he vote to over throw the Martin gov’t, then sues anybody who mentions it to keep it out of the press
- Having an ad budget (paid for by tax dollars) bigger than what Proctor&Gamble spends in a year.
- Loosing our seat in the security council for the first time….ever
- Not having a passport until he was elected an MP
(way to figure out how Canada fits into the world)
- Having only one actual job in his life, and that was a job in the mail room at Esso his dad got him.Rating
- Black Halloween. 30 BILLION lost by Seniors. His campaign promises mean nothing.
- Trying to change the census to short form destroying important statistics used by many.
- Contempt of parliament. First government in history. Harper is downplaying it like its nothing. Disgraceful to True Canadians.
Think before you VOTE. But for the sake of your country, children and sovereignty VOTE.
“All of us who are paid with public tax dollars have a role to play here,” Finance Minister Dwight Duncan said in a speech to the legislature. “We’re all in this together.”
Taxpayers have little or nothing to do with the administration and management of the services we pay taxes for. Politicians are quick to blame users for problems of their own making and taxpayers need to push back.
What’s more, Mr Duncun and every single MPP sitting in Queen’s Park have received wage increases totalling 28% since 2007! That’s right folks. The very politicians that claim you and I are the cause of their own management nightmares (eHealth, LHINs) and have returned to using that classic old school tactic of blame run away deficit spending on greedy public sector workers while they enjoyed an average annual wage increase of 9.5% every year since 2007!
Their total pay hike since December now stands at 28 percent, an amount sure to infuriate those who already foot their bills – including the Canadian Taxpayers’ Federation.
Even during the so-call financial apocalypse they continues to rack in nearly double digital wage hikes while pouring BILLION$ taxpayer dollars down the gullets of the automotive and similarly broken and unsustainable business models yet it is the Ontario taxpayer and more importantly the public sector workers who bare the brunt of Dah!cun’s dull budget axe.
The failures on virtually every level of government in Canada are just too obvious to ignore anymore. Yet even as these failures grow in size and cost, governments continue to spin new ways to blame the taxpayer and public sector workers for their self-inflicted spending deficits woes.
Applying Mr. Duh!can’s gifted management approach why didn’t freeze the wages of medical professionals to help control healthcare costs or freeze the wages of HydroOne executive packages to help control the ballooning costs of electricity in Ontario? Why? Because his like all the other politicans of today are spineless little weasels who only care about lasting the required terms to collect their guilded TAXPAYER funded pensions after just 8 years at Queen’s Park!
This most recent act of budget buffoonery simply shines a very bright light on a spectacularly simple and stupid idea that freeze wages will solve the many and large structural deficits the Ontario government has refused to address over the last three DECADES!. Of course, when all else fails blame the public sector workers.
McGuinty and his merry band of deficit spending idiots had better be polishing up their resumes and VCs before the next provincial election because heaven knows they surely can’t be expecting to win an election by freezing wages and taxing the very sector on Ontario’s economy that is most likely to contribute the MOST to Ontario’s future growth.
A despicable act of self-preservation akin to eating your offspring.
When you’re between the devil and the deep blue see,
you need to stop worrying about pirates and adjust your sails!
While big corporate owned media outlets are trumpeting the end of the recession Americans are once again borrowing money they can not pay back to purchase goods they don’t need to feed the next big debt sponsored bubble. Good night and good luck!
CBC.ca: It looks as if low-speed electric vehicles will not make it onto Ontario’s roads.
The Ministry of Transportation has finalized its safety rules for a pilot project that would have allowed electric cars on the road, but the companies that make the cars say those regulations are too strict.
Torontonian Aaron Binder was looking forward to the arrival of the electric car. He’s a big believer in electric vehicles – and gets around the city on a Segway. He was encouraged when he heard the province had unveiled a pilot project to allow low-speed electric vehicles on the public streets, “so we could be like B.C., or even Alberta.”
But then came the fine print.
The ministry’s regulations for low-speed electric cars means adding safety features that are not demanded by Ottawa.
The rules in Ontario are even stricter than U.S. and European standards for the same class of vehicle.
Catherine Scrimgeor of Toronto-based ZENN Motors, the maker of an electric vehicle, says for her company it’s the final straw.
“The ZENN [electric car] as it exists right now – the ZENN car that we sell in Quebec and the United States – will not be marketed in Ontario,” she said.
Al Cormier is with Electric Mobility Canada, a group of electric vehicle manufacturers consulted by the province. He says the new rules reflect concerns about the safety when slow electric cars are added to the traffic mix.
“Ontario was trying to address that concern by having additional requirements. But these additions don’t make the project viable for [existing electric cars],” he said.
Cormier says he’ll be surprised if any electric car manufacturer will ever qualify for the province’s low-speed vehicle pilot project.
Electric car fans like Binder say they will have to wait until the full-speed models hit the streets.
Enough is enough. Is there any god damn excuse that any level of government hasn’t already pulled out of their ass to try and keep this car from getting a fair shake on the roads of Ontario?
Thanks Dalton for blowing smoke up the asses of Ontario tax payers with your constant green washing about Ontario’s commitment to alternative energy and more importantly electric cars.
Once again ZENN Canada gets kicked in the teeth while Detroit gets BILLION$ on OUR tax dollars to play checkup. Looks rather anti-competitive to me sir!
First, it’s NOT about speed. Of course if you actually drove in some of Ontario’s underfunded cities you’d realize that the only thing going fast is our tax dollars on potholes and broken water mains that your government stopped funding years ago!
Second. It’s not about safety. If safety were truly the issue then why would YOUR GOVERNMENT allow motorcycles and more importantly electric bikes and scooters that go no faster than the ZENN and are a LOT LESS safe.
Funny your government sure doesn’t seem to give a rat’s backside about our safety when you allow massive Hummers and four wheel drive vehicles that have bumper heights at or near the height of average mid-sized cars. But somehow we’re safer when contractors to drive MASSIVE front end loaders and other non-street legal equipment around city streets without a slow moving vehicle sign or license plate!
So why not cut the green washing BS and let Ontarians decide which type of automobile they would like to drive and invest in.
Enough is enough. Let me drive a ZENN in Ontario.
This is absolutely criminal. Here is a provincial government that has poured BILLION$ of our tax dollars into those dinosaurs from Detroit yet we’re supposed to believe that they are going to give small companies like ZENN a fair shake at Ontario’s car market. BULLSHIT!
CONTACT DALTON MCGUINTY AND DEMAND HIS GOVERNMENT
ALLOW ONTARIANS TO DRIVE THE CANADIAN MADE ZENN ON OUR CITY STREETS!
FAX: (416) 325-3745
Online Comment Form
BBC: International torch relays ahead of the Olympics have been scrapped by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
It follows the controversy that surrounded the Beijing Olympic relay which was dogged by protests as the torch made its way around the world.
The 2008 relay’s London leg was hit by several incidents and criticism over China’s ‘torch police’ security staff.
Organisers of the 2012 London Olympics have already said they had no plans to take the torch outside Britain.
We’ve won the right to host this international game now the world can fuck off and watch the ceremonies from their television sets. Now this is definitely why we SHOULD NOT spend BILLION$ of public dollars on this useless politcal grandstanding especially if the games no longer “invite” the world to participate in all aspects of the games. Let the Olympics go private. Who cares! The peoples of Darfur, Palistine, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Zimbabwa, Congo… could give a rat’s ass.
“The Republican base is now made up of religious and neoconservative ideologues, and the uneducated white underclass with a token person of colour or two up front on TV to obscure the all-white, all reactionary, all backward — there-is-no-global-warming — rube reality. Actual conservative, let alone the educated classes, have long since fled.”
Frank Schaeffer, Author of Crazy for God on the current state of the Republican party during an interview with D.L. Hughley. He is also stated in his book, “In the mid 1980s I left the Religious Right, after I realized just how very anti-American they are…” He has also written an open letter to Republicans on the Huffington Post.