Posts Tagged ‘Learning’
When you stop and really think about how people use social places like Facebook and Twitter and doesn’t make you feel a little like you’re paying a penny to see the lunatics?
The detailed chemical structure of a single molecule has been imaged for the first time, say researchers.
The physical shape of single carbon nanotubes has been outlined before, using similar techniques – but the new method even shows up chemical bonds. (The bonds to the hydrogen atoms can be seen at the pentacene’s periphery)
- My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
‘If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.’
- My mother taught me RELIGION.
‘You better pray that will come out of the carpet.’
- My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
‘If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!’
- My mother taught me LOGIC.
‘ Because I said so, that’s why.’
- My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
‘If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.’
- My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
‘Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.’
- My mother taught me IRONY.
‘Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.’
- My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
‘Shut your mouth and eat your supper.’
- My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
‘Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!’
- My mother taught me about STAMINA.
‘You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.’
- My mother taught me about WEATHER.
‘This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.’
- My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
‘If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!’
- My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .
‘I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.’
- My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
‘Stop acting like your father!’
- My mother taught me about ENVY.
‘There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.’
- My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
‘Just wait until we get home.’
- My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
‘You are going to get it when you get home!’
- My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
‘If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.’
- My mother taught me ESP.
‘Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?’
- My mother taught me HUMOUR.
‘When that lawn mower cuts off your foot, don’t come running to me.’
- My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
‘If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.’
- My mother taught me GENETICS.
‘You’re just like your father.’
- My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
‘Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?’
- My mother taught me WISDOM.
‘When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.’
- And my favourite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
‘One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.’